— Songs and Stories: Music on a Mission —
Hello from Stacia and Maygen! We are excited to announce that we have started a unique program in which we interweave singing and sharing our stories of struggle and overcoming in an intimate setting: Songs and Stories: Music on a Mission. During our program, we chat, we sing, we laugh, we cry, we connect. These are very real, very personal battles, and we want to share them with others, to lift them up and bring them hope. We know how much music helped us through our struggles. We know that God has pulled us out of the mire many times. We also know how comforting it is to feel like someone understands what you’re feeling, and how encouraging it is to hear personal stories from someone who has “conquered” the same battles you’re going through.
We have several different presentations (30-60 minutes) specific to the various issues we’ve experienced:
- Eating Disorders (anorexia, bulimia, body image issues)
- Depression (major depression, postpartum depression, self-harm/“cutting”)
- Anxiety (general anxiety disorder, panic disorder, dissociation)
- OCD (and the many myths associated with this)
- ADD/ADHD (having this disorder and parenting this disorder)
- Dysfunctional Family (alcoholic parent, single parent, unhealthy childhood)
- Sexual Assault/Rape/Toxic Relationships
- Pregnancy Loss
- And MORE
We will be presenting at recovery programs, treatment facilities, support groups, churches, charity fundraisers, mental health events, and more. Songs and Stories: Music on a Mission will address the issues so many people face today, but in an informal, nonjudgmental, non-clinical environment. The program aims to break stigmas, dispel myths, and support each other as brothers and sisters, through our songs and stories and group discussions. Please email us to discuss scheduling an event or small group. email@example.com
Thank you so much.
Sparrows Rising ©2017