— Songs and Stories: Music on a Mission —
Hello from Stacia and Maygen! We are excited to announce that we have started a unique program in which we interweave singing and sharing our stories of struggle and overcoming in an intimate setting: Music on a Mission. During our program, we chat, we sing, we laugh, we cry, we connect. Our stories are about very real, very personal battles, and we want to share them with others, to lift them up and bring them hope. We know how much music helped us through our struggles. We know that God has pulled us out of the mire many times. We also know how comforting it is to feel like someone understands what you’re going through, and how encouraging it is to hear how someone has “conquered” the same issues you’re fighting.
We have several different presentations (30-90 minutes) specific to the various issues we’ve experienced:
- Eating Disorders (anorexia, bulimia, body image issues)
- Depression (major depression, postpartum depression, self-harm/“cutting”)
- Addiction (drugs, alcohol, compulsive/destructive behaviors)
- Anxiety (general anxiety disorder, panic disorder, dissociation)
- OCD (and the many myths associated with this)
- ADD/ADHD (having this disorder and parenting this disorder)
- Dysfunctional Family (alcoholic parent, single parent, unhealthy childhood)
- Sexual Assault/Rape/Toxic Relationships
- Pregnancy Loss
- And MORE
We will be presenting at recovery programs, treatment facilities, support groups, churches, charity fundraisers, mental health events, and more. Music on a Mission will address the issues so many people face today, but in an informal, nonjudgmental, non-clinical environment. The program aims to reduce stigmas, dispel myths, and support each other as brothers and sisters, through our songs and stories and group discussions. As this program expands, we hope to eventually partner with other organizations, to join together in our common goals and help even more people.
Please email us to discuss scheduling an event or small group. firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much.
Sparrows Rising ©2018